Landscaping is a great investment you can make in your property – it can enhance the beauty and value of your home. Whether you want to simply add new plants to your existing landscape or renovate your entire property, now is a great time to start thinking about and planning the garden or outdoor living space you’ve been wanting. Here are some tips to planning a new space:
• Consider designing your beds on paper first. It’s easier to erase pencil on paper than to move plants around in your garden!
• Always plan based on a plants full growth size. If you garden ends up looking too spaced out you can fill in with annuals until the plants mature.
• If you are designing a mixed border along a hedge, house or fence, allow yourself ample space. Ideally this includes, 8 feet or more for plantings and 2 feet of open space in the rear for air access and easy maintenance.
• Whether you are designing a mixed border, a perennial border or an island around a tree, divide your space up into tall, medium and short. Start with taller plants in the back and work your way toward the front.
• Consider plants that bloom across different seasons. Alternate different season bloomers with each other so you always have something blooming across your area.
Need more help? Atlantic Avenue Orchid & Garden offers landscape design and installation services. We can transform your environment into that special place you have always envisioned. Call (919) 878-8877 or email today!